1. Canadian parents, prepay your children's fitness and arts activities by December 31, 2016; because come 2017, the tax credits are gone.
2. If you withdraw money from TFSA by December 31st, you can put the money back as early as the next day (January 1st). If you withdraw on January 1st, youu'd have to wait another year to put the money back in (unless you still have contribution room).
3. If you want to claim donation tax credit for your 2016 tax, make sure your donations are received by recipient organizations by December 31st.
4. If your medical #insurance uses calendar year, make sure you use up the benefits by December 31st.
5. It's almost end of the year. Time to look into your #coupons. Any coupons expiring on December 31, 2016? Use them ONLY if you need to buy.
6. Wait until January 1st to close your bank account if you are earning semi-annual #interest (on June 30th & December 31st). Keep the interest earned.
7. Bring your item for a price adjustment if the price has dropped between before and after Christmas. Check individual store's policy.